The Roof Technician position will report directly to our Director of Roofing Sciences and primarily be responsible for rooftop quality assurance observations and investigations and report to the Manager of Field Services. The role will require both field and office work and will be based out of our Richmond office location.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Quality Assurance Observation:
- Perform quality assurance observation of work in progress to ensure compliance with tender documents and applicable codes and standards
Site Work May Include:
- Drawing to record as-built conditions
- Core-cuts and investigating opening of roof, parapet walls and walls
- Moisture scanning
- Identifying deficiencies
- Photography and data processing, etc.
- Other tasks may be required to ensure timely completion of deadlines
- Assist in preparation of pre-design on an as needed basis
- Conduct leak investigations
- Conduct attic investigations
- Attend pre-bid site meetings and bid closing assessment meetings as required.
- Perform site evaluations, inspections and testing as required to produce condition analysis reports
- Extended travel as necessary to perform the above listed duties
- Compilation of data and photos into report form
- Photocopying and assembly of reports
- Keep abreast of current trends in the industry to ensure professional development
- Ongoing professional development via the International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC)
Requirements & Qualifications
- Possesion of TQ (Red Seal) qualification in Roofing.
- Possession of RRO (Registered Roof Observer) and RCABC approved Inspector preferred
- Able to ware half mask respirator
- Vehicle able to carry a 32’ ladder and suitable for winter conditions
- Able to carry and set up ladders and operate power tools
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with business integrity
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and copy of your unofficial transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.