IRC is currently recruiting a junior or intermediate level Technologist / Technician / EIT in the field of Building Sciences to assist in the project support of our dynamic team. This position will be based out of our office located in Richmond, BC.
- Assist in performing condition assessments of multi-residential, commercial, and institutional facilities and preparation of reports and reserve fund studies
- Perform field investigation work and the diagnosis of building problems required to design exterior envelope remediation including exterior wall, fenestration, roof and/or structural remediation
- Assist in performing leak investigations of all aspects of building envelope; roofs, walls, windows and foundations
- Assist in carrying out field review of construction work in progress on both new and restoration projects and report on progress and the contractors adherence to contract documentation
- Light AutoCAD support and specification writing
- Project management and contract administration
- Work setting in both the office or field environment
- Measuring of building dimensions and quantifying on site and from drawings
- Interpretation and hand drawing of in-situ construction details
- Working at heights including accessing buildings by ladders, swing stages and mechanical lifts
- Typical duties associated with working in a professional engineering office
- Co-ordinate all input for time billing and job costing
- Other tasks may be required to ensure timely completion of deadlines
Requirements and Qualifications
- Completion of a degree in an engineering or technology program with a focus on Building Science, Civil and / or Structural Engineering
- Knowledge in areas related to building science such as thermodynamics, heat transfer and psichometrics
- Basic appreciation of building construction including methods, materials and systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, specifically in accuracy of calculations and completeness of data collection and notation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and multi-tasking ability
- Able to work individually and in a team setting
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.