IRC Building Sciences Group (“IRC”) is looking for an eager and hard-working Field Technician / Junior Project Manager to work with our team in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with quality observation of work in progress to ensure compliance with tender documents and applicable codes and standards
- Perform site evaluations, inspections and testing as required to produce condition analysis reports
- Complete field work including: measuring, drawing, core-cuts, identifying deficiencies, photography and assembling reports
- Coordinate field data and prepare performance audits, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
- Coordinate on site quality control and adherence to prepared specifications
- Prepare roof condition or building envelope assessment reports using IRC standard format
- Prepare and administer contract documents including change orders, CCDC contracts as well as billings with clients and contractors
- Conduct site meetings with customers and contractors
- Attend pre-bid site meetings and bid closing assessment meetings as required.
- Provide pricing and assistance in completion of contracts and/or purchase orders
- Coordinate all input for time billing and job costing
- Provide technical assistance to other team members
- Assist in preparation of pre-design on an as needed basis
- Identify and regularly consult with various clients/organizations of up-coming projects where a relationship has been established
- Other related duties as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in roofing
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an applicable or related field
- Strong knowledge of various roofing systems and construction
- General comprehension of business dynamics in construction/roofing marketplace
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest degree of professionalism while demonstrating business integrity, creativity and team orientation
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform required duties
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.