IRC is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer with broad experience in the design of residential and commercial HVAC systems. A general experience and knowledge with energy modelling for residential construction would be an asset.
In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package – including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, employer-matching RRSP, a flexible work schedule and opportunities for advancement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Apply technical knowledge to design HVAC and plumbing systems for new and existing buildings
- Assist clients in extending the life cycle of their MEP systems by establishing maintenance and operations procedures
- Complete due diligence assessments of existing mechanical systems
- Perform energy audits and quality assurance testing
- Review of existing storm systems as part of re-roofing projects and site drainage rehabilitation
- Design modifications to existing storm systems to meet roof drainage requirements
- Support our client’s commissioning and retro-commissioning efforts
- Manage several projects simultaneously and be detail oriented
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng. licence in Ontario, with the ability to become licenced in additional provinces
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience
- Written and verbal English skills must be excellent
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s licence and personal vehicle for attending work sites
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with business integrity and professionalism
- Physical ability to carry ladders and work safely from heights
- Ability to use power tools and equipment for investigation work
- Flexible work hours are required for evenings and weekends when instructed by management
- Must have vehicle suitable for carrying ladders and tools
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.