This position is responsible for Project Management within the Building Sciences department which includes but is not limited to: investigation, reporting, specification preparation, quality observation and liaising with clients, contractors and manufacturers. This role is based from our Ottawa office location.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct and/or oversee field review/testing and data collection, design, report and specification preparation and contract administration; work may include but is not limited to the following:
- Collect field data and prepare Reserve Fund Studies and Capital Expenditure Plan Reports
- Collect field data and prepare performance audits, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
- Collect field data required for the preparation of repair specifications, drawings and tender documents
- Conduct onsite quality control and adherence to prepared specifications
- Provide project management and related contract administration
- Liaise with the client, contractor, manufacturer or sub-consultant, as required
- Provide technical support, guidance and review of completed work prior to delivery to the client (the Branch Manager or C of A must conduct final review of work to be delivered to the client)
- Promote team building, quality, public relations, enthusiasm, ethics, initiative and reliability from Engineering employees
- Provide periodic input to the sales and marketing plan of the department; work with the department heads and Manager of Sales & Marketing to identify and implement an effective plan
- Identify and regularly consult with various clients/organizations of up-coming projects where a relationship has been established
- Prepare, review (with Branch Manager) and present department specific proposals; follow up on prepared proposal and identify reasons for success/failure
- Assist with the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the department when requested
- Ensure work area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner and that personnel comply with the company safety policy
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the Branch Manager
Requirements & Qualifications
- Licensed engineer in the Province of Ontario.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a consulting environment managing building restoration projects
- Solid computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong leadership qualities and ability to act with business integrity
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of organization and strong attention to detail
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.