IRC is currently recruiting a junior level CAD Technician, with a passion for building sciences, to be based in our office located in Ottawa, ON. This role will start as an hourly position with potential to be transferred to full-time salary.
- Preparation of CAD drawings
- Collecting field data required for the preparation of repair specifications, drawings and tendering
- Coordinating with other IRC Engineers for peer reviews and design guidance
- Ensuring work area is maintained in a clean and orderly manner and acts in compliance with the company safety policy
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by direct manager and/or other department managers
Requirements & Qualifications
- Completion of a post-secondary degree/diploma in an Engineering or Architectural Technology program or other related field
- Strong Architectural Drafting/AutoCAD skills
- Structural Engineering Drafting/AutoCAD skills
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2012
- Must possess the ability to read Architectural and/or Structural Blueprints
- General construction knowledge (i.e. how buildings go together)
- Knowledge and understanding of building envelope and structural systems is preferred
- Basic understanding of building construction including methods, materials and systems
- Exceptional attention to detail, specifically in accuracy of calculations and completeness of data collection and notation
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and multi-tasking ability
- Able to work individually and in a team setting
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.