The Engineer / Project Manager role is an intermediate position responsible for the completion of structural engineering design, investigation and management of multiple projects of varying scope and complexity.
This position will report to the C of A for Engineering and is based in our Ottawa office location.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete structural reviews of existing buildings/structures
- Complete written condition/evaluation reports
- Completion of engineering design assignments and management of projects of various scope and complexity
- Completion of complex engineering design projects in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Use of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems
- Office review of structural engineering shop drawings and calculations
- Field review of structural related construction (e.g. reinforcing steel)
- Application of design software for structural design in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Recommend technological improvements to the department
- Assist other engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data an adherence to prescribed testing analysis, design or computation methods
- Providing guidance and direction to junior and student engineers or technicians
- Client interfacing, as required
- Project management and coordination duties
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with P.Eng designation
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in a consulting engineering environment managing structural restoration projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to provide leadership to junior engineers/technicians
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Good oral and written English communication skills
- Ability to act with business integrity and professionalism
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.