IRC Building Sciences Group, A Rimkus Company, (“IRC”) is looking for an Accounting Administrator to work in our Mississauga, Ontario, Corporate office. In this position, you will be responsible for general accounting activities, including: preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and preparing account and bank reconciliations.
You will also work with the Department Manager and other key finance team members to assist with day-to-day accounting operations, including the preparation of periodic budgets/forecasts, financial reporting, account reconciliations and the period-end closing process.
This position requires a fundamental understanding of general accounting operations, previous experience with accounting systems/platforms and extensive experience with internal and external financial reporting.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly journal entries, A/R collections and monthly A/P processing
- Issuing of payment to all vendors, landlords and suppliers on a bi-weekly (or regular) basis
- Work with outside groups including auditors, insurance and tax authorities
- Review monthly accounting/billing system changes, including new contracts, amendments, credits and billing
- Maintain and prepare balance sheet reconciliations and ensure compliance with requirements
- Ensure that revenue and expenses are recorded correctly, in the correct period and properly accrued
- Prepare and assist with annual budgeting process and analysis, as required
- Provide suggestions and/or recommendations for changes to applicable processes or tools as recognized from functioning in the role on a daily basis
- Support Accounting Manager with month-end closing process including various accruals
- Preparing bi-weekly payrolls for all employees, as required
- Calculate and post employee earnings including overtime using Ceridian
- Liaises with and handles remittances of local Worker’s Compensation Board dues for all Provinces, as required
- Verifies all changes within the payroll system including new hires, rehires, job and/or personal information changes
- Maintaining all employee payroll files and records to ensure employee paperwork is accurate, timely and current
- Counsels with management and employees on special payroll problems and provides prompt, courteous and accurate customer support in resolution of payroll transactions
- Other accounting and finance duties and reporting as requested, including assisting with internal and external audits and providing additional reports to management, as required
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management
Requirements & Qualifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in bookkeeping and finance
- 3-5 years of experience in payroll and accounting practices
- Prior experience with Sage ACCPAC accounting software required
- Prior experience with accounting software required
- Solid knowledge of payroll practices and procedures, including wage and hour laws and regulations
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail; ability to write and verbally communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to establish working relationships with all employees, management and vendors
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.