The Business Development representative will be responsible for leading and overseeing the development and growth of new, profitable business and to create and maintain effective key customer relationships within the Greater Toronto & Surrounding Areas. The primary goal of this position is to drive IRC’s company revenue and profit growth in Ontario’s Roof, Building Envelope and Pavement Consulting market.
Success in this position will be measured by a consistently increasing sales volume, profit and market share within the budget and pricing objectives for the defined market. Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the incumbent of this role will be expected to create demand for our consulting services and will ensure that all activities are conducted in accordance with the organizational strategy.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop an understanding of the corporate objectives, as defined by the President and Executive Directors of IRC
- Develop, implement and consistency adjust regional sales strategies to meet established sales targets
- Continuously expand customer base
- Establish contact with existing and former clients using telephone communication and/or scheduled meetings
- Use a consultative sales approach to investigate the needs of new, existing and former clients with respect to IRC’s main engineering disciplines which include: Building Science, Structural Engineering, Pavement Engineering and Roofing
- Liaise with IRC’s production department to facilitate project progression and to ensure the client expectations are met
- Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets
- Provide insight to the market trends and opportunities that may benefit or hinder IRC’s profitability
- Attend and participate in monthly and annual sales meetings
- Prepare and enter all sales activities in our CRM program
- Assist in the preparation of Request for Proposals (RFPs) as required
- Attend tradeshows, conventions, seminars, webinars, etc. as an ambassador and representative of IRC as required
- Produce and perform speaking engagements, presentations (both verbal and electronic) as required
- Other assigned duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related or applicable field
- 3-5 years of experience in a Consultative Sales role
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office software including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Advanced understanding of sales fundamentals is key
- General comprehension of business dynamics in construction/roofing marketplace
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess strong entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest degree of professionalism while demonstrating business integrity, creativity and team orientation
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform required duties
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.