The Junior / Intermediate Structural Engineer’s role will include the completion of structural engineering design, and management of multiple projects of varying scope and complexity.
This position will report to the Manager of Structural Engineering and is based in our Mississauga office location.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Completion of engineering design assignments and management of projects of various scope and complexity
- Completion of complex engineering design projects in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Use of a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques to solve problems
- Office review of structural engineering shop drawings and calculations
- Field review of structural related construction (e.g. reinforcing steel)
- Application of design software for structural design in conjunction with senior Engineers
- Recommend technological improvements to the department
- Assist other engineers in carrying out technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness of data an adherence to prescribed testing analysis, design or computation methods
- Providing guidance and direction to student intern engineers or CAD technicians
- Client interfacing, as required
- Project management and coordination duties
- Other assigned duties and tasks, as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with an E.I.T. or a P.Eng. designation
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working as a structural consultant/design engineer, and managing structural building design and assessment projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with structural design software (STAAD; RAM Structural System) would be an asset
- Ability to provide leadership to student intern engineers/technicians
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with business integrity and professionalism
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.