IRC Building Sciences Group (“IRC”) is looking for an eager and hard-working Field Technician to complete quality observation of work in progress and other site specific tasks, to be based in our office located in Montcon, NB or St. John, NB.
Major Duties and ResponsibilitiesQuality Observation:
- Assist with quality observation of work in progress to ensure compliance with tender documents and applicable codes and standards
- Identifying deficiencies
- Photography and clean-up, etc.
- Conduct site meetings with customers and contractors
- Familiarize yourself with national and local client base and the IRC proposal formats
- Provide pricing and assistance in completion of contracts and/or purchase orders
- Co-ordinate all input for time billing and job costing
- Other tasks may be required to ensure timely completion of deadlines
- Provide technical assistance to field technician and technologists
- Assist in preparation of pre-design on an as needed basis
- Extended travel as necessary to perform the above listed duties
- Assist with Contract administration and client management as required
- Prepare roof condition or building envelope assessment reports using IRC standard format
- Measuring, drawing, core-cuts, identifying deficiencies, photography and clean-up, etc.
- Attend pre-bid site meetings and bid closing assessment meetings as required.
- Perform site evaluations, inspections and testing as required to produce condition analysis reports
- Compilation of data and photos into report form
- Photocopying and assembly of reports
- Keep abreast of current trends in the industry to ensure professional development
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-5 years’ experience in roofing
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in an applicable or related field
- Strong knowledge of various roofing systems and construction
- General comprehension of business dynamics in construction/roofing marketplace
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (bilingual in French/English is an asset)
- Advanced proficiency in negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess strong entrepreneurial spirit and drive
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Conducts all activities with the highest degree of professionalism while demonstrating business integrity, creativity and team orientation
- Ability to travel as necessary to perform required duties
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.