The Project Manager, Building Sciences role is responsible for specific project investigation, reporting, specification preparation, quality observation and liaising with clients, contractors and manufacturers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and supervise field review/testing and data collection, design and specification preparation and contract administration; which includes but is not limited to:
- Collecting field data and preparing Reserve Fund Studies and Capital Expenditure Plan Reports
- Collecting field data and preparing performance audits, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
- Collecting field data required for the preparation of repair specifications, drawings and tender documents
- Conducting onsite quality assurance observations/field reviews to verify adherence to prepared specifications
- Providing project management and related contract administration
- Liaising with clients, contractors and manufacturers
- Prepare condition assessment reports
- Prepare drawings and specifications for rehabilitation projects
- Manage construction of rehabilitation projects
- Assist department heads with project technical support, guidance and review of completed work prior to delivery to the client
- Promote team building, quality, public relations, enthusiasm, ethics, initiative and reliability from employees
- Identify and regularly consult with various clients/organizations of up-coming projects where a relationship has been established
- Perform other related duties as required
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or Building Science Engineering
- P.Eng. and PMP designations are considered assets
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a consulting engineering/architecture environment managing building science or structural restoration projects
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to provide leadership to junior engineers/technicians
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Self-motivating and ability to multi-task while maintaining a strong attention to detail
- Ability to act with business integrity
How to Apply
To express your interest in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the position and location in the email subject line.
Note that while all submissions will be reviewed, only those that are to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
IRC is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.